A quick cake to whip up that is moist and light with a crispy outside.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup carrots, shredded finely
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 170°C
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, and sugar until the mixture becomes thick.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice and mix well until there is no longer any visible streaks of flour making sure to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Squeeze out some carrot juice out of the shredded carrots before adding it to the batter along with the chopped walnuts, raisins as well as the vanilla extract. Fold these last ingredients in until well dispersed.
- Grease a 9×9 pan with some butter, then pour in your prepared batter and smooth it out on top. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, let the cake cool down before eating or frosting.