A keto tiramisu that is easy and quick to make. The addition of coffee in the sponge cake layers enhances a desserts’ flavours making it even more enjoyable.
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Coffee for sponge cake
- Preheat the oven to 350° F or 175° C.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl, then make a well in the center and add in the egg yolk, water, and oil.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg white and cream of tartar to stiff peaks. Afterwards, using the same beaters, mix the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold the egg white into the egg yolk mixture in two batches.
- On a lined cookie sheet, pour out the batter and spread it into the beast rectangle that you can manage.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 12 minutes then remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Once cool, cut out circles of the cake that will fit your container.
- Whip the whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks, then fold in the room temperature mascarpone cheese and vanilla.
- Place the cream into a pipping bag and assemble the dessert.
- Take your circles of sponge cake and quickly dip them into the brewed coffee then place into your serving dish.
- Pipe on a layer of the cream then repeat until the dish is filled up, ending with a layer of cream.
- Dust the top of the dish with some cocoa powder and serve.
Recipe from gnom-gnom (they do gf and keto recipes)