Fall is officially upon us. Kick start your fall with this delicious apple crumble that’ll leave your home smelling amazing. It’s quick to make and will definitely warm you up on a cold fall day.
- 3 medium apples, chopped into small bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 butter, cold and cubed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- Preheat the oven to 395° F or 200° C
- In a nonstick pan over medium heat, add in all the filling ingredients and cook until apples softens. The apples will continue to cook in the oven, but if you prefer mushy apples, then feel free to cook them longer. Just make sure not to burn the apples as they are coated in sugar.
- Pour the prepared filling into a baking dish (mine was 25cm x 12cm and it was the perfect amount) and move on to making the crumble. In a bowl add in your flour and sugar then using your fingers or a pastry cutter to incorporate the butter. Once the butter is broken down into small clumps, add in the oats.
- Sprinkle the crumble on top of the apple filling in the dish then bake in the preheated oven for 13 minutes, or until the top is nice and golden.
- Once out of the oven, let the dish cool down a bit before serving. It pairs well with ice cream or whipped cream and make sure to spoon out some of the caramel sauce that pools at the bottom of the dish.