It’s fall and that means it’s pumpkin pie season! This delicious pumpkin pie will definitely make you go for seconds
It’s almost thanks giving here in Canada, and what’s Thanksgiving without the classic pumpkin pie. This recipe only includes the filling. You can choose to use store bought pie dough or make it yourself. A recipe for homemade pie crust can be found here.
- 1 (14 oz) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 whole egg + 2 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 F or 160 C.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the filling into a pre-baked pie shell and tap it a few times to smooth the top off.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let the pie cool down to room temperature before storing in the fridge overnight.
- You can serve your pie with a dollop of freshly whipped sweetened whipped cream.