A homemade version of my favourite Halloween candy, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. It’s really quick to make and taste amazing.
This year I didn’t go trick-or-treating or give out candy, but I was still craving some peanut butter cups. I made up this recipe and it only took me 20 minutes to make. I’ve seen people make this recipe with white chocolate as well so if you have a large sweet tooth, you can try that out. Personally that’s too sweet, so I just use a mix of milk and dark chocolate.
- 2 cups chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- Melt 1/2 of the chocolate and spoon it evenly into cupcake liners, then place them into the freezer.
- In a separate bowl, mix the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter. Spoon a small dollop into the set chocolate then return the pan to the freezer.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and spoon it onto the set peanut butter layer. Place it in the freezer one last time to set.
- Serve right after taking them out of the freezer. They probably won’t stay set at room temperature as we didn’t temper the chocolate.