Mug cakes are awesome. They only take a few minutes to make, but taste amazing. Perfect for a midnight snack. This mug cake is extra rich and chocolaty with the addition of chocolate ganache.I try not to eat much at night, but these mug cakes are hard to resist. The recipe is so easy, and you definitely already have all the ingredients in your pantry. This recipe makes enough for one mug cake. If you have a party for two, you can very easily multiply this recipe to accommodate. Just remember to use a bowl to make the batter first, then transfer it into the mugs.
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- dash of vanilla extract
- 50 g milk chocolate
- 2 tsp heavy whipping cream
- Add all the dry ingredients into your microwave safe mug and mix well so that there are no lumps. Then add the wet ingredients and combine until no more streaks of flour is visible.
- Place the mug into the microwave for one minute. Keep in mind all microwaves are different so keep an eye on your mug cake.
- Once your mug cake is done cooking, add your chocolate and heavy whipping to a bowl and heat it in the microwave until it melts. Stir it well until smooth.
- Serve your mug cake with a big helping of chocolate ganache and enjoy warm.