These are a tiny version of the normal Black Forest cake. Their flavour combo is amazing and I it isn’t too heavy so everyone can enjoy it. This recipe can also work for making a normal sized cake too.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 egg, separated
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1 (6 oz) packet cherry jello
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Shaved chocolate
- Maraschino cherries
- Make your jello according to the package directions. Do this a bit in advance to let the jello set.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F or 175° C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper making sure the edges are also covered.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl then make a well in the center and add in the egg yolk, water, and oil. Set aside
- In a clean metal or glass bowl, whip your egg white with the cream of tartar until soft peaks.
- Using the same beaters, mix you dry ingredients until well combined. Then fold in your whipped egg white in two batches
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper then pour in the batter and spread it out thinly and evenly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave it to cook then whip the cream with the sugar
- To assemble, cut your cakes into circles and alternate between cake, whipped cream and jello. Finish off the top with some shaved dark chocolate and a maraschino cherry.