Rice Krispies squares are a classic dessert that I’ve been eating since I was little. This was my first time making it, but it was easier than I expected. Just like the store bought ones, they’re delicious, but they’re even better as you can customize them.
- 50 ml or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 5 cups (250 g pkg) marshmallows
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies cereal
- rainbow sprinkles
- In a heat safe bowl, melt the butter and marshmallows over a pan with boiling water.
- Stir in the cereal then transfer the mixture to a greased pan. Smooth out the top with a greased spatula, then sprinkle the top with the rainbow sprinkles.
- Place the pan in the fridge to set for half an hour.
- Cut the treats into the classic squares or spice it up and use some cookies cutters, then serve.
Check out the original recipe here.