These cookies are like a cross between a cookie and a brownie. It has a deep chocolate flavour and a nice chew. They also look so adorable and are perfect for the holiday season.
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl that is larger, combine the sugar, oil, and cocoa powder. Then using an electric mixer, mix in the eggs one at a time, then add in the vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the oil mixture and fold it in until all the flour is incorporated. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 175 C and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Spoon out the chilled dough and roll it into a small ball with you hands, then roll it in some powdered sugar. Place all the sugar coated dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheets leaving some space in between and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the times up, take the cookies out of the oven. They’ll be a bit soft, but once they cool down, they’ll harden.