This banana bread recipe is moist with a nice crunch on the outer edges. It has a great banana flavour and doesn’t use a lot of sugar since bananas are naturally sweet. It’s super easy to make and will be gone within seconds.
- 1 1/4 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (1/2 cup milk + 1 tsp lemon juice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 325 F or 160 C. Butter and flour one loaf pan, then set aside.
- In a bowl combine the flour, flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl mash your bananas and mix in the lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until creamy, then beat in the eggs. Once the eggs are combined, add in the mashed bananas, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the mix of dry ingredients into the wet mixture and fold with a spatula. Make sure that you do not over mix the batter so stop folding once there are no more streaks of flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 70-75 minutes. Every oven is different so keep an eye on it.
- Once the bread is done baking, let it rest for 5 minutes before taking it out of the pan. Transfer it to a cooling rack to let it cool down before slicing into it. You can serve now, but the flavours will be better the next day.