Happy Mother’s Day! Enjoy this day with a delicious matcha crepe stack. They’re light and not too sweet so you can make it as your breakfast in bed.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 powdered sugar
- strawberries for garnish
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Using a small non stick pan on medium heat, scoop 1/4 cup of the into the pan and immediately swirl it around to cover the base of the pan.
3. Once the edge of the crepe starts to look crispy and the middle of the crepe is set and no longer wet (about 1 minute), flip it over. If it still sticks to the pan, wait a bit before trying to flip it as it is not fully cooked yet.
4. Repeat until you run out of batter. If you like a cleaner stack of crepes, you can use a round cutter to make all your crepes a uniform circle. I just used a plate as a guide and cut around it with a pairing knife.
5. Whip you cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks, careful not to over whip, and fold in you crushed Oreo cookies.
6. To build your crepe cake start with a crepe then your whipped cream, alternating until you run out of crepes. Cover the whole stack and the sides with whipped cream. Place dollops of cream on the top and garnish with fresh strawberries.
8. Slice and then serve immediately or store it in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.