A super creamy and smooth cheesecake on a buttery graham cracker crust paired with a sweet strawberry sauce. It’s not overly sweet, but is sure to satisfy your sugar cravings.
This cheesecake is a baked cheesecake, and to prevent cracking we’ll be baking the cheesecake in a water bath. I used a silicon mould to bake my cheesecake in, but you can use a standard 9 incg cake pan. Remeber to use a springform pan or one with a remouvable bottom. If you want, you can also bake them in a cupcake tray that’s line. It makes it easier to serve to larger crowds. I also have a no-bake cheesecake reciper if you would rather not turn on the oven here.
- 1 1/2 cup of graham cracker
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2tsp salt
- 4 packages of 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 F or 160 C
- In a food processor mix the graham crackers into crumbs or if you don’t have a food processor, you can you a ziplog bag and crush the crackerz with a rolling pin.
- Pour the crumbs into a bowl then add in the melted butter, sugar, and salt. Mix them until the crumbs resemble wet sand. Place the crumbs into the pan and press it down firmly using the bottom of a flat cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Once fluffy, add in the eggs, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract. Don’t beat too much air into the batter, because it could cause the cheesecake to crack while baking.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan with your crust, then carefully wrap the bottom of your pan with some aluminum foil. Place the cheesecake pan in a larger pan and fill the larger pan with some hot water to create a water bath.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes. Once the times up, the edges will be set, but the center will still be a little jiggly. Take the cheese cake out of the water t=bath and let it cool to room temperature, then store it in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Slice the cheesecake and serve. I served mine with some homemade strawberry sauce to add more flavour.