An ooey-gooey chocolate cake that is rich and decadent that’s balanced out by the sweetness of the ice cream. Perfect to enjoy after a long summer day.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp instant esspresso powder
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 450 F or 235 C then, butter and flour four ramekans and set them aside.
- Create a double boiler over simmering water to melt the chocolate with the butter. Then, in a separate bowl, whip the eggs, sugar, and salt until thick and pale.
- After the chocolate mixture has cooled down a bit, add it into the egg mixture and whisk well. Then, mix in the esspresso powder and flour until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into each of the prepared ramekans and place them on a baking tray, then bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Once they’re done baking, the edges will be set, but the center should still be jiggly. Take them out of the oven and let them cool down for a few minutes before inverting it on a plate.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream and some berries.