A perfectly fluffy pancake that’s filled with peanut butter flavour goodness and topped off with some freshly whipped cream and warm chocolate ganache. As a peanut butter and sweets lover, it’s the perfect way to start off my day.
For the past few weeks, I haven’t really been eating breakfast because I never really feel like it. These pancakes however changed that, they were so delicious i finished it all. It’s super simple to make so if you have some time in the morning, definitely try it out.
yields: 8 pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips(semi-sweet)
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar until there are no more lumps, then set it aside.
- In a small bowl, take your peanut butter and mix it with a bit of the milk to thin it out. Thiss will help you mix the peanut butter into the rest of the batter without lumps.
- In another bowl, add the milk, egg, vanilla extract, and thinned out peanut butter mixture and mix until it’s smooth and no peanut butter lumps are present.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and dump in the chocolate chips, then fold until just combined. Be careful to not overmix.
- Over medium-low heat, lightly butter a non-stick pan and use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to spoon out your batter. Cook the pancake until bubbles form and the surface, then flip it over. Cook both sides until browned. It should only take a few minutes.
- Make a stack of pancakes and served with some freshly whipped whipped cream, peanut butter sauce, and chocolate ganache.