A super quick dessert to whip up that’s creamy and sweet. It’s filled with delicious banana flavour and has a satisfying texture from the graham cracker crumbs.
This recipe calls for dulce de leche, but if you don’t have it you can simply make your own by boiling a can of sweetened condesed milk for 2 hours. Make sure the can is fully submerged under water the whole time, so add in water as needed. You can also batch boil them so you have extras on hand.
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 7 graham crackers
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced
- chocolate shaving
Makes 4 servings
- In a plstic bag, crush the graham crackers into crumbs. Then add the crumbs into a bowl with the melted butter. Mix then set aside.
- In a cold metal or glass bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until you get soft peaks.
- Start off with some graham cracker crust at the bottom of the parfait glasses, then spoon in 2 tbsp of dulce de leche. Place banana slices on the dulce de leche, then top with whipped cream. Repeat once more, then add chocolate shavings to the top.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, then serve. Keep in the fridge for up to 4 days covered.