A cross between a brownie and a cookie, that is rich in chocolate flavour and is super simple to make.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cuppacked brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- In a heat safe bowl, carefully melt your butter and chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whip your egg and brown sugar until the mixture becomes thick. Pour in the chocolate mixture and combine well, then sift and mix in all the dry ingredients.
- Cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and chill the dough in the fridge for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 175 C, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, and use a tablespoon measure to spoon out balls of dough. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheets leaving some space in between each ball to allow for spreading. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Once done baking, remove from the oven and sprinkle with some sea salt then serve.